|The Flystart is a large arbor fly reel that is affordably priced, yet built with the same commitment to quality and performance as all Ross reels. The gear-to-gear drag is a low maintenance, high performance system that is dependable, smooth and has a wide range of adjustment. And don't be fooled by the price. This reel is everything a budget-minded angler needs to land the fish of a lifetime. The Flystart series is coated with our proprietary AGP finish. This coating is incredibly strong and substantially more durable than any finish applied to competitive reels. The Flystart is a great reel for the first-time fly fishing participant that demands quality, but does not want to spend a fortune gearing up to fish.
- Manufactured out of 6061 - T6 aircraft quality aluminum
- Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
- Electrostatically coated for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
- Quick release locking spool
- Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Exposed spool rim for palming
- Backed by Ross Lifetime Warranty
Frame/Spool Material :
||High quality aluminum alloy
Manufacturing Specifications :
||Gravity fed - cast aluminum, 1 piece frame, 2 piece assembled spool, machine finished
Drag Material :
||500P space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
Drag Engagement System :
||Delrin 500P interface offset gear-to-gear disc drag engagement
Escapement System :
Spool Rotation Mechanism :
||Oil impregnated bronze bushings rotating on a stainless steel spindle
||Corrosion resistant electrostatic coating
Number of Reels in Series :
Fly Rod Coverage :
||3wt. - 8wt.
Fishing Application :
||Designed for use in all freshwater and saltwater fishing environments
Ross Worldwide fly reels are attractive, affordably priced and engineered to take the abuse of everyday fishing. You will be amazed with the quality in manufacturing tolerances, drag performance and sound. The three Ross Worldwide reel series - Flystart, Flycast and Flywater are all large arbor fly reels. Each is fitted with a Ross designed drag system that is incredibly dependable and virtually maintenance free.
These affordable reels have the look and feel of products costing many times more. We challenge you to compare these reels side by side with other manufacturers' fly reels. You will quickly see that the finish, tolerance fit between working parts and drag performance is unlikely to be matched by products costing considerably more. And when compared to similarly priced fly reels, there is simply NO comparison! Our unmatched experience in fly reel design and total commitment to quality shows in every reel that ships from our factory!
There are a lot of reel manufacturers in the market today, but year after year Ross Reels USA is recognized as the leading fly reel manufacturer in the world. Our personal commitment to quality, innovation and customer support has resulted in our products being honored with more industry awards than any other fly tackle manufacturer!
In the world of business, a guarantee is only as good as the company that stands behind it. When you expect a reel to last a lifetime, the company you buy it from better still be in business when your reel needs service. After more than thirty years of manufacturing world-class reels, you can be sure that a Ross reel purchased today will be supported for a lifetime of use and enjoyment.
We employ a team of skilled professionals who are passionate about fishing and bring real world experience into every aspect of design and manufacturing. Our team is committed to producing the finest reels in the world, and this pledge is only surpassed by our dedication to providing each customer with unmatched service and complete satisfaction. We are a team of fishing professionals who understand the value of reliable equipment, and most importantly, we love what we do! Our commitment to quality shows in every reel that ships from our factory.
ALL Ross USA reels come with the following standard features and guarantee :
• Fully machined out of 6061 - T6 high quality aluminum, which has undergone a proprietary process that increases the strength of the metal and allows for the application of a more durable anodize
• Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
• Anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
• Seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
• Quick release locking spool
• Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
• Exposed spool rim for palming
• Guaranteed for life
• Made in Montrose, Colorado USA
Each Ross USA reel purchased is supported in the following ways :
• Full service available on all products dating back to 1973 - our first year in business
• Availability of spare spools for all current reels and most discontinued reels
• Company phones staffed by real people who have real answers for all your questions
• Guaranteed two-day turn around on all products returned for warranty work or cleaning
• 24 hour on-line technical support so you get your questions answered on-time, every time
Awards in Design and Manufacturing
Ross is the recipient of more industry "Awards in Excellence" for innovation, dependability and performance than any other fly reel manufacturer in the world.