|When packing for far-off fishing destinations, baggage weight restrictions are easy to exceed when your boots are a pair of bricks. Select high-grade materials make the Headwaters™ Simms’ lightest wading boot in the line-up. And at a wallet-friendly price, they don’t sacrifice durability thanks to features such as rugged rubber toes and TPU heel clips.
Simms and Vibram have worked together to produce the Vibram® StreamTread™ sole. An ultra-grippy, super-sticky rubber sole that works as good or better than felt in virtually any wet or aquatic condition. This sole is the most aggressive sticky rubber sole available and will give you great traction not only in the water but out of as well. Mud, wet grass, snow and other conditions that can be challenging with other sole options are easily handled with the StreamTread™ sole. These new soles have been field tested extensively and will perform far better than any rubber soled fishing footwear currently on the market.
Simms HEADWATERS™ BOOT - Vibram® StreamTread™ sole
- CleanStream™ design utilizes Schoeller®-dynatec mesh panels & synthetic leather upper for easy cleaning
- Materials used in this boot make this design the lightest in the Simms wading boot line-up
- EVA wedge midsole construction
- Rubber toe & TPU heel clip increase durability and provide abrasion resistance
- High quality, non-corrosive hardware & contoured speed lacing system
- Synthetic construction and NanoSphere® water-resistant finish
- Approximate pair weight (size 10): 35 oz
- Men's whole sizes: 7 - 14
- Click here for StreamTread™ cleat patterns and Vibram® Resoling resources
The Vibram soled boots will be a big step forward in anglers' fight against aquatic nuisance species - organisms like didymo, whirling disease and New Zealand mud snails that are transferred to other waterways via felt and matter caught on the boots. Already, New Zealand has banned felt-soled boots and some states are asking anglers to avoid using felt soled shoes. Additionally, Simms boots and waders are designed with the “CleanStream™ technology,”. This philosophy and design uses materials and production techniques to make it more difficult for microorganisms to attach and makes Simms wading gear easier to properly clean.